- My boy Will had the pleasure of interviewing the self proclaimed digital diva Seven from BET's "The Ultimate Hustler." She had some very interesting things to say about Dame, the show, and the Roc empire.
- What it do? Paul Wall recently tied the knot (large pictures)! His new bride reminds me of LaTavia from the OG Destiny's Child line up. I'm mad that she is rocking the Shirley Temple curls but its all good. Like I was telling Rich they seem to "match" to me. I bet that wedding was entertaining as hell, heh.
- In a terse statement released Wednesday, Janet Jackson denied a former brother-in-law's claim that she has a "secret" 18-year-old daughter."I do not have a child and all allegations saying so are false," Jackson said in a statement released to the syndicated "Access Hollywood" TV show. A call to Jackson's publicist by The Associated Press Wednesday wasn't immediately returned. Brian Oxman, an attorney for the Jackson family, told E! Online Monday that he asked the Jackson family years ago if the story was true. "The answer is no way, no how," he told E! "From the sisters to the mother, every last one of them said it never happened." On Friday, Young DeBarge, the brother of Jackson's ex-husband, James DeBarge, said Jackson and his brother had a child named Renee that was living with Rebbie Jackson, Janet's oldest sister. "James and the Jackson family kept everything real close, real tight," Young DeBarge said on New York radio station WQHT, known as Hot 97.
Um, who the fuck is going to actually buy a Young Debarge cd anyway? And I stopped believing Janet a long time ago.
- The husband of "The View" co star Star Jones is trouble with the law. Al Reynolds was arrested just before three Wednesday morning for allegedly driving with a suspended license. Police say Reynolds was heading north on Third Avenue and changing lanes without signaling so they pulled him over. No word on the specific charges Reynolds faces.
- Former Hot Boy group member Tab "Turk" Virgil has been sentenced to 10 years in prison, after being convicted of three weapons charges stemming from a Jan. 2004 shootout with Memphis, Tennessee SWAT Team members. In August, the 24-year-old was convicted of being a felon, a drug addict and a fugitive in possession of a handgun in relation to the shootout, which left a SWAT Team member seriously wounded.
The 10-year sentence is the maximum the judge could issue and Virgil must also pay a $200,000 fine. The sentencing stems from a Jan. 2004 raid on an apartment in Memphis. When SWAT Team members entered the apartment seeking drugs and weapons, they were greeted with gunfire.Virgil has maintained his innocence and denied being in a closet or firing a 9mm handgun that was found in the closet. The rapper apologized to the officer that was shot, asking for forgiveness. The apology brought more scrutiny from prosecutors, who believed the apology was an admission of guilty. "What are you sorry about?" Prosecutor Terry Harris asked Virgil. "Who shot him?" Virgil maintained his innocence stating: "I don't know. I didn't shoot Officer Harris, and I wasn't in the closet." Officers testified Virgil was not in the bathroom and others testified they saw the rapper crawling out of the closet. The rapper was also chastised for allegedly recording rap music over Shelby County Jail telephones, with lyrics that include "shoot first, before they shoot you."
tap dancing and jugglin' watermelons for massa BET's 25th Anniversary Show took place last night. And guess who showed up?
Now everyone knows about the rumor about the surprise celebrity hosts for the show.I'm not confirming that it was indeed Bobby and Whitney but could you fathom those two taking care of the hosting duties? It wouldn't be a dry moment! As always Gettyimages has you covered with pictures ranging from the red carpet to the show. I may edit this post later to spotlight some of the H.A.M.'s that came out. The award show will air on next week on November 1st.
Meanwhile you can watch "Caught Up" on BET's Blackbuster films this Friday. *sarcasm* They need to acquire the rights to more films, seriously.
- I was so afraid for my Bre last night on ANTM. And I love Miss Jay more than Foxy Brown loves purple Wet n' Wild lipstick but why does he always look a mess? That couldn't be me on that show in front of the panel because I would've been said something. Discuss!
Use don't abuse (ie. adding me to your site's mailing list). And for the love of God please stop sending mp3 files of your music. I am not Clive Davis and to be frank I probably don't want to hear the shit anyway. You should also know that I take my slow, precious time responding to email. And sometimes I don't respond at all. Fresh.email@example.com
LEAVE SOME $$$ ON THE NIGHT STAND
GET POSTS IN YOUR INBOX
Free Image and Video Hosting