11.02.2005

A Quarter of a Century Worth of Mess

In the pre-show for the "BET 25 Years Strong" ceremony comedian Tony Rock asked gospel entertainer Donnie Mc Clurklin would Jesus watch BET. My answer to that question would have be "hell to the nah!" I could write a long drawn out commentary about the show's events but to be honest with you I don't think its worth the effort. I'm not dealing with BET todaaay. [/Whitney]

Thoughts anyone? Holla Back.

Edit: Okay so I lied. I did end up giving my thoughts about the show. Check the comments.

Freshly Squeezed

- What better night to ignite a feud than Halloween? Rapper Ice-T tossed scary insults and even a threat at reality-TV she-devil Omarosa Manigault-Stallworth during Heidi Klum's ghoulish gala. "I'll tell you who I don't like: Omarosa," the "Law & Order: SVU" star told Lowdown as he sat upstairs at nightspot Happy Valley in - what else? - pimp regalia. "That b- is not supposed to be famous. Being somebody in the business, you have a lot of admiration for people because you know how hard they work. But certain people, you're just like, what the f- has that ho done?" Informed that there are probably plenty of folks who agree with him, Ice - whose real name is Tracy Marrow - added ominously: "Yeah, well, I'm at the top of the list. Give me the gun." Not exactly a breezy comment, coming from an ex-gangster. In his hip-hop days, Ice wrote the controversial song "Cop Killer" and famously ran with the Crips. What if he and Lady O were to, um, settle their differences in the sack?

"I wouldn't wish that on a zombie," Ice-T replied stonily, rubbing the fishnet-stocking-clad leg of his generously endowed wife, Nicole (Coco) Austin. Informed of Ice-T's attack yesterday, Omarosa immediately took the gloves off. "Tracy sold out his rap career to go play a cop on a show because his last album tanked," the "Surreal Life" and "Apprentice" alum told Lowdown, adding that she's never even met the man. "You're supposed to be hard-core, rapping about killing and pimpin' hos, and you go and play a cop? He sold out!" Omarosa continued. "Real hip-hop artists - the ones that are true to the art form - do not resort to playa hating."


The only thing I appreciate about this picture is Ice's Tony Montana inspired piece.

- Rapper 50 Cent has lashed out at fellow hip-hop star Kanye West for accusing US President George W. Bush of racism in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. The In Da Cliub star believes human intervention could not have prevented the effects of the hurricane, which killed over a thousand people in the US gulf states in August (05), and sees no point in reprimanding the President for something which was beyond his control. He says, "The New Orleans disaster was meant to happen. It was an act of God. "I think people responded to it the best way they can. What Kanye West was saying, I don't know where that came from." (
Contact Music via BC)

- Beyonce made a splash on social calendars in New York City when she performed at Cipriani's Downtown last night to a star studded crowd which included Sting, Venus Williams (from whom I have no words for) and Kimora Lee Simmons. Is it me or does Bey kinda put you in the mind frame of one of those "The Price Is Right" models who smile really hard while they hold a bottle of ketchup? As always Gettyimages has you covered with flicks from the press area. You can also take a glimpse of B on stage over at Beyonce World. I like this picture the best. It looks like she is stroking her nipple thinking about how much she loves that chicken from Popeye's, heh.


- Ashanti looks like she is doing the "crazy in love" dance in this flick. You know they say, if you can't beat 'em you might as well join 'em.


- Tyra Banks looks like she's either just having a lot of fun or plain ol' drunk. She always seems to have the signature Rachel Roy "I'm-so-happy" face on so you can never be too sure. And yes that is America's favorite bubble gum rapper Nick Cannon appearing at her side.





<< Home

 



 

CONTACT INFORMATION

Use don't abuse (ie. adding me to your site's mailing list). And for the love of God please stop sending mp3 files of your music. I am not Clive Davis and to be frank I probably don't want to hear the shit anyway. You should also know that I take my slow, precious time responding to email. And sometimes I don't respond at all. Fresh.crunkjuice@gmail.com
Fresh@myspace.com

LEAVE SOME $$$ ON THE NIGHT STAND

GET POSTS IN YOUR INBOX

Add to Google Add to My AOLSubscribe in Bloglines Powered by FeedBurner



Free Image and Video Hosting








RECENT ENTRIES

blog advertising is good for you


SITE ARCHIVES



Your Ad Here


FRESH PICKS