4.21.2006

Good Black Don't Crack!

On Sunday at 10 p.m., TV One will air a one-hour special dealing with the exploding field of black plastic surgery. "Black Don't Crack: The Cosmetic Surgery Debate" offers an historical perspective on the subject, including the way in which European standards of beauty have become a yardstick used by some African Americans to measure their own physical features. "I would say that over the next ten years, the fastest-growing segment of people in the U.S. that are pursuing cosmetic surgery are people of African descent," says Dr. Monte Harris, co-founder of Cultura Medical Spa in Washington D.C. and one of several experts featured in the documentary.

"It's a phenomenal time that we're in now with regards to cosmetic and plastic surgery," he continues. "I think our definition of plastic surgery has broadened to include skin care, complexion blending, laser treatments, and also the traditional sort of knife-cutting procedures."
(continue)

I know more than a couple of people who need to tune into for this.





<< Home

 



 

CONTACT INFORMATION

Use don't abuse (ie. adding me to your site's mailing list). And for the love of God please stop sending mp3 files of your music. I am not Clive Davis and to be frank I probably don't want to hear the shit anyway. You should also know that I take my slow, precious time responding to email. And sometimes I don't respond at all. Fresh.crunkjuice@gmail.com
Fresh@myspace.com

LEAVE SOME $$$ ON THE NIGHT STAND

GET POSTS IN YOUR INBOX

Add to Google Add to My AOLSubscribe in Bloglines Powered by FeedBurner



Free Image and Video Hosting








RECENT ENTRIES

blog advertising is good for you


SITE ARCHIVES



Your Ad Here


FRESH PICKS