1.31.2008

Here's One Rapper That Won't Be Appearing On Bill Cosby's Highly Anticipated Debut Rap Album


The last time Fat Joe did anything remotely interesting to me was way when he and Big Pun teamed up together for "Deep Cover (Twins)." Oh, and then there was that time on MTV's Spring Break when he showed his ass crack while performing "What's Love." That's about it.

However, Joey CRACK CRACK CRACK CRACK!'s recent comments to Complex magazine* regarding the n-word has been raising some eyebrows.

C: As a Puerto Rican rapper, have you ever been criticized for using the N Word?

FJ: No absolutely not. Because blacks and Latinos anywhere you go in any hood, any ghetto, we’re right beside each other, and with each other all the time especially in New York City. They’ve been calling me “that nigga” my whole life. I go to Africa, and the Africans say “what’s up Fat Joe my nigga-ah?” So they don’t have a problem with it. It’s a term of endearment.

C: What about your response to people who don’t think like you or someone like Khaled who’s a Palestinian-American should be using the word?

FJ: I guess Khaled is a sand-nigga. He’s a sand-nigga. (Laughs) Khaled that nigga, did you ask the 36 black rappers that are on his album with him if they have a problem with it?

* I've been rockin' with ya'll since day one but why are my issues always 15 light years late? I'm starting to believe that I would be better off going to the gas station and just reading different articles every time that I come in.


[Via Nah Right]

Labels:






<< Home

 



 

CONTACT INFORMATION

Use don't abuse (ie. adding me to your site's mailing list). And for the love of God please stop sending mp3 files of your music. I am not Clive Davis and to be frank I probably don't want to hear the shit anyway. You should also know that I take my slow, precious time responding to email. And sometimes I don't respond at all. Fresh.crunkjuice@gmail.com
Fresh@myspace.com

LEAVE SOME $$$ ON THE NIGHT STAND

GET POSTS IN YOUR INBOX

Add to Google Add to My AOLSubscribe in Bloglines Powered by FeedBurner



Free Image and Video Hosting








RECENT ENTRIES

blog advertising is good for you


SITE ARCHIVES



Your Ad Here


FRESH PICKS